Moms For Real Food Initiative – Episode 6
T TRIFECTA (TRACY’s TASTY TATERS)
- 3 lbs Potatoes
- 5-6 beets
- 1 Green & Yellow pepper
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Hemp Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a deep dish stoneware or cast iron dish (9 x 12 x 3).
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes, beets and peppers, in a mason jar – shake it like a Polaroid picture.
- Wash and cut potatoes & beets into smallish chunks – bite sized is the goal.
- Dice peppers.
- Pour wet over dry and toss.
- Leave to marinate for 20 – 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 1hr and 45 mins.
- Toss intermittently.
TART & CRUST RECIPES
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup lard
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 whole egg
- 5 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut lard into flour and salt until it resembles corse sand. Combine water, vinegar and egg into a cup. mix till cloudy
- Divide in half. Put in fridge about 20 min
- Flour work surface and roll out cooled dough to desired size and thickness
- Fill and bake
Onion Tart Ingredients
- 6 cups onions
- 2 cups other veggies (ie peppers, spinach, tomatoes etc)
- Fresh herbs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Thinly slice onions and caramelize in butter and olive oil. Low and slow! About 20 min
- Add other veggies and herbs to the onions and caramelize about 10 min. If using spinach add 5 min before you’re finished and cook until wilted.
- Mix flour, dijon, salt, milk and eggs in blender
- Put onions and veggies in pie shell
- Cover with cheese
- Pour in custard from blender till pie crust is full
- Bake 60 min until knife comes out clean
Watch Episode 6 NOW!